Hapfairy's World

Symphonic metal news with a sprinkle of fairy dust

Kai Officially Replaces Jukka In Nightwish, New Album Due 2020


Nightwish's drummer Jukka Nevalainen has released a statement today announcing his departure from the band. Although he is in recovery from his insomnia, he has stated that he has decided not to push his luck and will continue to work with the band behind the scenes while his replacement Kai Hahto takes up the mantle of full time drummer. Check out his statement below:

“It has now been five years since my difficult decision, due to severe insomnia, to step aside from the Vehicle of Spirit of Nightwish. This included the previous studio album and the tours which followed.

As I then expected, it turned out to be the right thing to do. These days I'm doing fantastic, and hardly ever need to deal with any sleeping issues. It also dawned on me that having more time to merely focus on band - related things happening behind the curtains made all the difference.

Having said this, I have decided not to push my luck by returning to the band. My dear pal Kai Hahto will take my place as a full-time member of the band. I will continue to take care of the band`s businesses in the background, and I`m very much looking forward to what other adventures life has to offer!

My sincere thank you`s for the band and the fans for the glorious time we shared!“

Alongside the statement, the band also officially announced that they are working on their new album - due to be released in Spring 2020.

0 comments:

Post a Comment