Hapfairy's World

Symphonic metal news with a sprinkle of fairy dust

Taking my leave...


Hello lovely blog readers. You might have noticed that the blog has been winding down a bit, and I don't post much any more. Honestly, I never have the time! I have my 1-year-old daughter as well as my writing career, which is thankfully going really well. My Scarlet and Ivy series of children's books has been a big success, and I'm now working on a new series for the same age range. 

So I have decided that I am going to more or less quit the blog. I may still post occasionally - perhaps I will post my reactions to big news/albums for example. But I've found myself lacking the time to listen to new records, let alone write about them! I also feel like music blogs are a bit of a dying breed now that everyone can access the latest news on social media. It's been real fun posting on here for the last decade, and I've had some awesome experiences and opportunities. Especially with working with Muses of Metal and the lovely Tayla as well - my highlights were getting a press pass for MFVF, and when we were able to interview Morten from Sirenia at Dames of Darkness. And I was always so shocked and pleasantly surprised to meet people at shows who recognised me from my blog! 

I am still the mod for r/symphonicmetal on Reddit, so please do head over there to see all the latest symphonic metal news and the upcoming albums list. Muses of Metal have a cool new Facebook group also, which you can find here. You can find me on Twitter and Instagram @Hapfairy. If you're interested in my books, all the info and news about those can be found on www.sophiecleverly.com

Thank you so much for all the support over the years and I wish you all well. With lots of love - Sophie.     

6 comments:

Thank you so much for all that you've done - your blog helped me get back into symphonic metal after not paying attention for a while. Best of luck with your future endeavours!

 

Thanks Mathew, that's lovely to hear!

 

I'll surely miss your updates and all the great news you posted. Thanks, and best of luck to you as life continues to ever-change around us!

 

Thank you very much ❤️❤️❤️

 

I just found your blog and love the fact that you posted so many updates on here over the years. Best of luck with your writing and finding time to listen to new metal records!

 

Thank you! Cool to hear that people are still discovering it!

 

Post a Comment