Hapfairy's World

Symphonic metal news with a sprinkle of fairy dust

Tarja Announces New Album


Tarja Turunen has revealed that her upcoming rock album will be titled The Shadow Self.

“I am very excited to finally be able to share the first details of my new heavy rock album with all of you,” says Tarja. “‘The Shadow Self’ is full of songs that are very dear to me. I cannot wait for you to hear the record that I believe is one of my heaviest albums to date. Keep your eyes open as there will be many surprises along the way to the album release on August 5th. I really mean it. Surprises will follow very soon.”

She also hinted on Twitter that there will be some special guests appearing on the album.

The Shadow Self is now available for pre-order in various formats, including a standard CD and a Special Edition CD+DVD. The Digital pre-order will start on March 15th at midnight. The record will be released via earMUSIC.

2 comments:

The album may be good... But the cover is just TERRIBLE. Really, my eyes are bleeding.

 

Haha - I have to say I've never been a big fan of Tarja's album design, and this one is particularly hard to look at.

 

Post a Comment