Hapfairy's World

Symphonic metal news with a sprinkle of fairy dust

Within Temptation Reveal New Single & Album Details



Within Temptation's futuristic new album will be titled Resist. Following a teaser campaign with a mysterious website that rewarded fans with a short clip for browsing anonymously, the band have now revealed the album's details. You can see the album artwork and one of the band's space-themed promo shots above.

The dystopian-themed album has 10 tracks and three guest singers: Jacoby Shaddix from Papa Roach, Anders Friden from In Flames and Jasper Steverlinck from Begian band Avid. The tracklisting is as follows:

1. The Reckoning [feat. Jacoby Shaddix]
2. Endless War
3. Raise Your Banner [feat. Anders Fridén]
4. Supernova
5. Holy Ground
6. In Vain
7. Firelight [feat. Jasper Steverlinck]
8. Mad World
9. Mercy Mirror
10. Trophy Hunter

It will be released on 14th December 2018. There will be special editions available, including a box set and a deluxe digital version with the whole album in instrumental.

The band officially released the lyric video to the first single today - The Reckoning - after an accidental leak earlier in the week. Check it out in the player below.


3 comments:

Listened to the song. Was underwhelmed. But now it's stuck in my head and I find myself thinking that actually, it sounds quite similar to The Heart of Everything era, but electronfied, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, so now I'm quite excited for the new album! (I was not a fan of Hydra or The Unforgiving).

 

I'm pumped for this album! I LOVE The Reckoning!

 

I really like the song, but it sounds like Lacuna Coil to me, haha! Structure-wise it definitely reminds me of The Heart of Everything songs, just with a much more modern/electronic sound.

 

Post a Comment