Hapfairy's World

Symphonic metal news with a sprinkle of fairy dust

Video: Ayreon - The Day That The World Breaks Down


Prog super project Ayreon have released the first song from upcoming album The Source - and it's an epic one. The Day That The World Breaks Down is a nearly 13 minute long track that features every one of the main guest vocalists on the album. In order of appearance, they are:

James LaBrie (Dream Theater)
Tommy Karevik (Kamelot, Seventh Wonder)
Tommy Rogers (Between the Buried and Me)
Simone Simons (Epica)
Nils K. Rue (Pagan's Mind)
Tobias Sammet (Avantasia, Edguy)
Hansi Kursch (Blind Guardian)
Michael Mills (Toehider)
Russell Allen (Symphony X, Adrenaline Mob)
Michael Eriksen (Circus Maximus)
Floor Jansen (Nightwish)

The video features clips of the guest singers and musicians recording their parts, alongside behind the scenes comments from mastermind Arjen Anthony Lucassen. Check it out in the player below.

3 comments:

I love it!! <3 It's amazing! Tommy Karevik has my favorite part, he sings with such emotion and the part itself is really good! Simone, Michael Eriksen and Floor blown me away too! Hansi sounds so majestic... for me he was just a good singer and that's all. He impressed me! *O* The only thing I dislike are Michael Mills' parts, he sounds so annoying! >:(
Btw, there's not all the cast in the song: Zaher Zorgati is missing (he only appears in "Deathcry of a Race")

 

@Elvenpath yes Tommy's part is amazing! Good point about Zaher Zorgati, the video says it features all of the "main" guest vocalists so perhaps they weren't counting him because of that? I'll amend it

 

Yes Tommy K. is my favorite out of the guest vocalists along with my lovely Simone! I'm super exited about this album!
Btw I'm following the blog now :D

 

Post a Comment